Andrew Roth, owner
Andrew had the unique experience of growing up on a farm as well as helping out at his parents manufacturing and fabrication business. In his early teenage years he was assembling agricultural equipment after school and on weekends. In high school he was cutting, drilling, punching and welding in a metal shop for grain bin hopper bottoms. Since graduating from the CAD/CAM Engineering Technology course at SIAST (Saskatchewan Polytechnic) he has developed an expert understanding of CAD and parametric model-based design.
For over 10 years Andrew worked as an engineering technologist for a prominent Saskatoon based engineering firm. During this time he contributed to engineering, mining, manufacturing and fabrication projects. Those projects included some of the following elements.
- Creating useful CAD geometry from field gathered means (laser scanning, photogrammetry, sketches, etc.)
- Design and drawing of equipment from start to finish
- Creating robust 3D models
- Create efficient and accurate FEA models
- Managing CAD software and users
- Administrating CAD file storage and backup
- Creating reports
- Storage tank designs
- Lifting and hoisting designs
- Transportation designs
- Engineering drawings
- Engineered Lift studies
- Fabrication shop drawings
When he’s not creating drawings for clients Andrew is often concocting personal projects. Whether it’s designing and fabricating custom motorcycle components or welding an ice fishing stove, he enjoys creating as much as a hobby as a career.